The mission of the Office of Communications & Media Relations (OCMR) is to communicate the district's goals, objectives and successes to both internal and external stakeholders - including employees, students, parents, civic organizations and area businesses - through a comprehensive, multi-tiered public relations / marketing program.
What We Do
The OCMR communicates to both internal and external audiences about broad-ranging issues and events involving Richmond Public Schools. The Office manages the central media relations, marketing and television production operations for Richmond Public Schools.
- produces and distributes publications that showcase RPS students, staff, administration and partners;
- develops and produces television programming highlighting RPS students, staff, and partners;
- produces editorial, video, and visuals for the district's website;
- organizes special events for RPS;
- promotes print, radio and television coverage of RPS news and activities; and
- provides crisis communications.
We continue to appreciate Mayor Stoney’s leadership and support of the children of Richmond.
In light of the tragic events that took place Wednesday in Broward County Public Schools, it is with heavy hearts that we extend our thoughts and prayers to their entire community. We are heartbroken by the senseless loss of innocent lives.
Superintendent Kamras' 100-Day Plan Focuses on Engagement, Equity, and Excellence