The mission of the Office of Communications & Media Relations (OCMR) is to communicate the district's goals, objectives and successes to both internal and external stakeholders - including employees, students, parents, civic organizations and area businesses - through a comprehensive, multi-tiered public relations / marketing program.
What We Do
The OCMR communicates to both internal and external audiences about broad-ranging issues and events involving Richmond Public Schools. The Office manages the central media relations, marketing and television production operations for Richmond Public Schools.
- produces and distributes publications that showcase RPS students, staff, administration and partners;
- develops and produces television programming highlighting RPS students, staff, and partners;
- produces editorial, video, and visuals for the district's website;
- organizes special events for RPS;
- promotes print, radio and television coverage of RPS news and activities; and
- provides crisis communications.