The mission of the Office of Communications & Media Relations (OCMR) is to communicate the district's goals, objectives and successes to both internal and external stakeholders - including employees, students, parents, civic organizations and area businesses - through a comprehensive, multi-tiered public relations / marketing program.
What We Do
The OCMR communicates to both internal and external audiences about broad-ranging issues and events involving Richmond Public Schools. The Office manages the central media relations, marketing and television production operations for Richmond Public Schools.
- produces and distributes publications that showcase RPS students, staff, administration and partners;
- develops and produces television programming highlighting RPS students, staff, and partners;
- produces editorial, video, and visuals for the district's website;
- organizes special events for RPS;
- promotes print, radio and television coverage of RPS news and activities; and
- provides crisis communications.
RPS schools will open on a 2-hour delay, tomorrow December 13, 2018.
Due to road conditions and cold temperatures, all Richmond Public Schools and offices will be closed tomorrow Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
Due to weather conditions, all Richmond Public Schools and offices will be closed tomorrow Monday, December 10, 2018.