Center for Families in Transition (C-FIT)
The Center for Families in Transition (C-FIT) is a collaborative working space and resource hub designed for and with families in transition to benefit:
- Students facing housing instability and homelessness,
- Students living with kinship caregivers, and
- Students living with foster care caregivers.
Our goal is to work in partnership with families, schools, and the community to:
- Increase advocacy and amplify the voices of students and families in housing transition in RPS planning and decision making,
- remove barriers to school enrollment and attendance,
- connect families to school-based and community-based supports focused on housing, education, and family stability, and
- support students to graduate on time with plans for their future
To protect families’ health, the center is open virtually call 804-780-6288 for assistance.