Guidelines for Participation
- Speakers should state their full legal name prior to addressing the Board.
- Speakers will not be permitted to address or question the Superintendent, Board Attorney, Board Clerk, or any other staff member directly. Questions should be directed to the Chairman, who may, at his discretion, solicit a response.
- Speakers must supply the Clerk, when scheduling an appearance, with a description of their topic and must confine their comments to that subject only.
- Speakers appearing before the Board will not be allowed to campaign for public office, promote private business ventures, engage in personal attacks of anyone, or use profanity or vulgar language.
- Applause is permitted during the awards and presentations period only.
- Citizens may express their views in writing in lieu of any oral presentation.
- Hearing impaired persons may contact the Board Clerk in advance to make arrangements for an interpreter.
Request to speak at a school board meeting by opening the Request to Speak Public Information Period form from this link.
(Directions for submission are on the form.)