Collaborative Research and Evaluation Projects
The Office of Assessment Literacy and Research collaborate continuously with internal staff/departments, as well as, external departments, agencies, consortia, researchers, evaluators, and grantors in the design and implementation of research and evaluation projects. Major responsibilities in carrying out this function include:
- Interpret federal, state, local, and division policies regarding confidentiality of student educational records for division staff, external researchers and grant project evaluators.
- Preparing appropriate informed consent documents for legal review and approval.
- Develop and define procedures for obtaining informed consent.
- Collect and report data to partners in accordance with federal, state, local, and division policies governing the release of data.
- Participate on steering committees and planning councils associated with collaborative research projects.
- Partner with researchers and grant evaluators in designing evaluations and studies to gather, analyze, and report data.
- Work with researchers from consortia to plan and conduct action and applied research/evaluation projects.
Consortia Richmond Public Schools belongs, are the Council of the Great City Schools (CGCS) and Metropolitan Educational Research Consortium (MERC). Links to research products from these organizations are below.
Council of the Great City Schools
Metropolitan Educational Research Consortium