The Department of Budget and Planning develops, monitors and revises the annual operating financial plan for Richmond Public Schools. Additionally, the department monitors and revises financial plans for special revenue, Nutrition Services, capital projects and other school funds. The department is also responsible for preparation and submission of a number of required financial reports to the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE). Budget and Planning also prepares monthly financial reports for School Board review and approval.
The department produces (Annually - A; Monthly - M):
- a five-year Capital Improvement Plan (A)
- the School Board's Operating Budget & Capital Improvement Plan (A)
- the Superintendent's Proposed Budget (A)
- monthly financial reports for submission to School Board (M)
- financial reports for submission to VDOE (as required)