Medical records-physical examinations are mandated for grades Pre-K through 5th and a complete record of immunization is required for all grade levels.
- First aid to children
- Skilled medical procedures for children
- Administration of medications
- Infection control measures
- Health screenings
- Liaison role between school and medical community
- Referral of children with illnesses
School Health Services collaborate with community agencies: School Health Advisory Board, Head Start, Virginia Preschool Initiative, Richmond City Health District, Richmond City Social Services, Delta Dental, Lens Crafters - One Sight, Richmond City Healthy Initiative, Controlling Asthma in the Richmond area, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing and other community resources.