Medical records-physical examinations are mandated for grades Pre-K through 5th and a complete record of immunization is required for all grade levels.
- First aid to children
- Skilled medical procedures for children
- Administration of medications
- Infection control measures
- Health screenings
- Liaison role between school and medical community
- Referral of children with illnesses
Here are some of the community agencies School Health Services collaborates with: School Health Advisory Board, Head Start, Virginia Preschool Initiative, Richmond City Health District, Richmond City Social Services, Conexus, RVA Breathes, Capital Area Health Network (CAHN), J. Sargeant Reynolds School of Nursing and Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing.