Business & Information Technology
The mission of Business and Information Technology is to provide opportunities for all students to prepare for work and further learning by linking education with business, industry, labor, and the community.
Through the Business and Information Technology program, students are provided opportunities to complement their academic preparation while exploring a variety of careers and learning skills and concepts in the areas of keyboarding and word processing, computer applications and solutions, entrepreneurship and principles of business and marketing.
Intensive preparation for business and information technology careers is available at the secondary level. Courses enable students to investigate opportunities in business, prepare for entry and advancement on the job, develop management skills and identify further education and training necessary within a chosen career cluster.
Middle School Courses
- Computer Science Solutions
- Keyboarding Applications
High School Courses
- Advanced Accounting
- Advanced Computer Information Systems
- Advanced Design, Multimedia & Web Technologies
- Advanced Programming
- Business Law
- Business Management
- Computer Information Systems
- Design, Multimedia & Web Technologies
- Economics and Personal Finance
- Entrepreneurship Education (RTC)
- Information Technology Fundamentals
- Legal Systems Administration
- Medical Systems Administration
- Office Administration
- Principles of Business & Marketing
Emphasis On Financial Literacy
Financial literacy is promoted through a variety of courses and resources including:
- EverFi My Money, My Future
- Junior Achievement and JA Finance Park
- Virginia Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
Career & Technical Student Organization (CTS0)
Virginia Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Prepares students for leadership and careers in business through business-related education and entrepreneurial skill development, community service and partnerships with the professional sector. For more information, visit the CTSO web page.