Did you know that your High School student can take the DMV Learner's Permit test at their school now?!!
Talk to your Driver Education Teacher or
Email us to Schedule a test at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (804)780-6142
DMV STUDY GUIDE:
Contact Us to Schedule Your Behind the Wheel Lessons
Let us help you get on the Road!! (804)780-6142 or Email us email@example.com
Pay for your driving lessons ONLINE --- $200 Behind the Wheel Instruction Fee
Driving Range Location
2120 Fendall Ave. Richmond Va 23222
Phone Number: 804-780-6142 Email
__________What you need to know_______________
Licensing Requirements /
Virginia State Law
- Must be 16 years and 3 months old.
- Must have learner's permit for 9 months.
- Must complete Driver Education Theory (36 hours)
- At least 7 certified driver education lessons for observation and driving
- Must have 45 hours guided practice driving (15 hours at night). This must be logged and certified by a parent.
- Must pass all 4 phases of Driver Education.
- Upon completion of the above the teacher will issue a 180-day temporary license.
- Must appear in court during the 180-day period to receive permanent license from the judge.
Richmond City Schools offers a Driver Education curriculum in 3 phases:
- On Road (Behind the Wheel)
Note: Each phase must be passed in order for a student to become licensed. Also there will be a $ 200.00 fee for the behind the wheel phase. This fee must be paid to your simulator teacher or range coordinator before being schedule for the behind the wheel
The safety of everyone involved is our first concern. We will create a safe learning environment. The most important component of being a safe driver is responsibility. It is our responsibility to identify those students that we feel demonstrate the responsible behavior necessary to safely operate a vehicle.
The following procedures will be effect to ensure that the student license can become safe drivers:
- Attend class regularly. Excessive absences will not allow students to meet state requirements. (Upon going over the maximum absences allowed students will not receive a license.)
- Conduct yourself in a responsible manner at all times. (Any student who shows a pattern of irresponsible behavior can be removed from the program.) It should be understood that the final decision in allowing a student to drive rests with the parents.
- Please sign and return this to school and feel free to contact us at any time at 780-6142.
Useful DMV Links