Parental Involvement in Education
Upcoming Parent Involvement Activities
Elementary Middle High Alternative
Barack Obama Albert Hill Armstrong Amelia St. / Real / 13 Acres
Bellevue Binford George Wythe Franklin Military Academy
Blackwell Boushall John Marshall Richmond Alternative School
Broad Rock Elkhardt-Thompson
Chimborazo Lucille Brown
Fairfield Ct. M.L. King
Title I Parent & Community Liaisons
- Serve as a link between families and Title I schools, advocating for parents and providing assistance in navigating the educational setting to meet the needs of children.
- Support activities within the Office of Engagement, plan and implement school system parent engagement and community efforts that promote and support improved student learning and academic achievement, as well as advancing a culture of respect and value for diverse people in the educational process.
- Serve as a support to parents on behalf of the student.
- Identify educational, social, and cultural needs of students and their families that can be met using school, community, or other resources.
- Work in collaboration with school administrators and other school leaders to address ethnic and cultural barriers to success.
- Support school staff in meeting the needs of diverse families, often providing or supporting with translation and other language related services.
- Serve as advocates on behalf of students.
- Provide regular scheduled support to Title I schools, promoting family involvement.
- Provide family outreach for parents of students.
- Provide information about school system programs and services, including special education and services.
- Plan and present school and parent workshops and trainings.