Who are our service providers?
Service providers are organizations in our community that provide ongoing services to our districts' students, faculty and staff. Service providers range from after school programs to professional development providers with little to no charge to the district. Fully paid for services are classified as vendors. Richmond Public Schools is grateful for the support of the Richmond community.
Applications to Provide Services
In June, 2015, Richmond Public Schools implemented a service provider application process. This process is intended to streamline service provider selection, implementation and accountability in an efficient and transparent process. School Board policy 4-3.1 outlines the district's policy on partnerships.
Annual Application Process
Who needs to apply?
Organizations who provide on-going services to Richmond Public Schools students, faculty and/or staff. The majority of these organizations provide services on Richmond Public Schools property. Below are examples of service providers needing to apply:
- out of school time programs
- in school services
- curriculum supplements
- mentoring programs
Not sure if your organization needs to submit an application? Contact us at 804.819.4382.
How to apply
To apply, download the Service Provider Application. Instructions on how to submit the application are listed on the document. The application deadline to provider services to RPS for the 2017/18 school year is March 30, 2017.
The following are minimum criteria for applying to be a service provider:
- Must be a formalized organization (501(c)"x", LLC, etc) or sponsored by a formalized organization
- Nonprofits must maintain a current minimal portrait on GiveRichmond.org
- Organization or sponsoring organization must employ at least one full time staff
- Program/service must have previous outcomes (no pilots unless initiated by RPS)
Annual Partner Training
The annual partner training each October is required and covers the following topics:
- Title IX
- FERPA and HIPAA Compliance
- § VA Code Ann. 22.1-287. Limitations on access to records.
- § VA Code Ann. 32.1-127.1:03. Health records privacy.
- General Information
The Office of Community Partnerships is here to help. If you have questions or concerns, contact us at 804.819.4382 or email us.