For all purchases where the estimated cost is between $10,000 and $49,999, the Division of Purchasing obtains four (4) unsealed written bids where practicable. These bids are due on a specified date but are not publicly opened and read aloud. At the discretion of the purchasing officer, however, formal sealed bids may be used for purchases between $10,000 and $49,999.
The "Informal Bid" document includes the following information:
- To: Vendor name and mailing address
- Date: Date of bid preparation
- Bid number
- By: Purchasing officer's name
- Item No.: Bid line number
- Unit: Unit of measure
- Unit price
- Total: Total price
- For delivery to: Delivery destination
- FOB: Bidder must check one of two boxes
- Delivery days: Number of days to make shipment
- Terms: Payment terms
- Firm: Bidder's company
- Address: Bidder's address
- By: Bidder's representative authorized to sign the form
- Date: Date of signatures
- Telephone number: Bidder's telephone number
Fields 1 through 8, and 11, are completed by the Purchasing Officer. The remaining fields are completed by the bidder.
Informal Request for Proposals (unsealed)
For all purchases where the estimated cost is between $10,000 and $49,999, the Division of Purchasing obtains four (4) unsealed written proposals where practicable. Proposals include the steps identified above in the formal Request for Proposal process.
Informal (unsealed) bids/request for proposals by facsimile or email will be accepted if received by the date and time specified. Informal (unsealed) bids and request for proposals are not publicly advertised but posted on the department's board and website at http://richmond.k12.va.us/departments/purchasing.aspx.