Daytime Counseling Services
Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School offers three counseling programs to assist students to maximize their academic and social potential during the instructional day.
These programs provide the following services
- Help your child stay in class to learn
- Help reduce suspensions
- Evaluate your child for additional services
- Provide individual, group, and family counseling
- Provide crisis intervention
The programs are
- Richmond Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA)
- Family and Adolescent Services (FAS)
- Creative Youth Concepts (CYC)
These service support students to ensure every child attains the most out of their educational experience on a daily basis. All services are fully covered by Medicaid or Famis
If you are interested in your child receiving daytime counseling services, please contact Tamika Depreist, MLK Support Staff Coordinator at (804) 780-8011 ext.152.Thank you for your interest and we look forward to assisting you and your child in having a productive school year.