Military Science - JROTC
Military Science JROTC Program
The Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) is a program offered to high schools that teaches students character education, student achievement, wellness, leadership, and diversity. It is a cooperative effort between the military and the high schools to produce successful students and citizens, while fostering in each school a more constructive and disciplined learning environment.
The outcomes of the JROTC program are:
- Act with integrity and personal accountability as they lead others to succeed in a diverse and global workforce
- Engage civic and social concerns in the community, government, and society
- Graduate prepared to excel in post-secondary options and career pathways
- Make decisions that promote positive social, emotional, and physical heath
- Value the role of the military and other service organizations
With the school's support, the JROTC program achieves these outcomes by using a world-class 21st Century, technology driven, student centered curriculum taught by retired military personnel. The curriculum consists of education in citizenship, leadership, social and communication skills, physical fitness and wellness, geography, and civics.