The Application Process for 2017-2018 is currently closed.
Applications for 2018-2019 for Open Enrollment and Specialty High Schools, including Thomas Jefferson High School's International Baccalaureate Programme, will be available in mid-October on the main RPS webpage.
An IB paper application will be available in mid-October. (Preferred method is the online portal at rvaschools.net )
Online applications are to be completed by a parent or guardian and are linked to your email. If you need assistance with completing the application, please contact your current school's guidance counselor.
IB Applications are considered complete when:
- They are filled out completely and submitted electronically
- One teacher recommendation is submitted electronically or to the zoned school counselor
- One adult recommendation is submitted electronically or to the zoned school counselor
- All supporting documents are uploaded
Applications for IB programs with all required documentation are due in early December, 2017.
Criteria for Student Selection:
- Completed Student Application
- Testing (Standardized tests / Writing samples)
- Teacher/Adult recommendations
Contact Information for IB Applications:
Richmond Public Schools /(804) 780-6028