A Letter to our Parents
We will do everything possible to give your child the care and attention you would give him or her at home. Please help us work together cooperatively by considering the following:
- CONVEY A POSITIVE ATTITUDE ABOUT SCHOOL. If you are enthusiastic about school, your child is more likely to enjoy it.
- GET TO KNOW YOUR CHILD’S TEACHER. Please join and become active in our PTA and volunteer your services in school when possible.
- PRAISE YOUR CHILD FOR THE GOOD THINGS HE/SHE DOES, NO MATTER HOW SMALL. Always accent the positive rather than focus on poor performance and behavior.
- PERMIT YOUR CHILD TO SETTLE QUARRELS OR DIFFICULTIES THAT MAY ARISE WITH SCHOOL PEERS. Children must learn to work out their problems with support from teachers and parents. Learning to deal with conflict is an important life skill.
- PLAN YOUR DAY SO THAT YOU CAN SPEND TIME WITH YOUR CHILD. Be sure there is time to talk about school and happenings of each day. SET ASIDE A DEFINITE TIME AND PLACE FOR COMPLETING HOMEWORK ON A DAILY BASIS.
It is important for a child’s emotional health that he/she faces new challenges with support from others. This will help to build feelings of self-confidence and security. We look forward to working with you as a team to achieve this goal. If you have questions concerning anything that occurs in the classroom, please contact your child’s teacher to discuss your concerns. Our school phone number is (804) 780-8193.
The Ginter Park Staff