Thank you for your interest in employment with the Richmond Public Schools. To complete an application, please read the information below and follow the steps indicated:
Step 1: Application
To be considered as an applicant, please read below:
- Application must be completed online.
- For certified and administrative applications, email addresses of three professional supervisory references on reference portion of the application. Professional references should include principals and/or superintendents from contracted educational work experiences within the past three years. If experience was not within the past three years, provide references from last contracted experience. For beginner teachers, include references from student teaching supervisor(s) and/or co-operating teacher(s). Failure to provide accurate information will result in a delay in the employment process.
- Official transcripts are required upon employment if applicable to the position.
- Upload Virginia Praxis II, VCLA, RVE and/or a copy of your Virginia Licensure, if applicable to the position.
- When applying for a teacher position, must complete the TeacherMatch assessment when completing your application.
- Applications for all teaching positions are accepted on a continual basis. It is suggested that candidates keep their applications current, as positions sometimes open during the school year. If your application is more than six months old, you should update it, so we are aware of your continued interest.
- Required documents should be submitted electronically with the application.
- The U.S. Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization require all applicants to submit proof of identity and the legal right to work in the United States. This evidence of proof--either the original or a notarized copy--must be shown to the human resources personnel upon employment. A U.S. Passport or your driver license (with photograph) and social security card will be adequate in most cases. You will also be required to sign a federal government form verifying your identity and eligibility to work in the U.S..
- Fingerprinting, drug/ alcohol testing, and tuberculosis screening are requirements for employment.
Step 2: Onboarding
If you are recommended for employment, a representative of the Human Resources Department will contact you to offer the position and forward necessary paperwork for completion.
Please note: Only a representative of the Human Resources Department is authorized to make offers of employment.
Information about teacher licensure in Virginia.
Step 3: Orientation
All new hires must attend a virtual new employee orientation session following acceptance of employment.