Thank you for your interest in Richmond Public Schools!
We are looking for exceptional talent in all areas to ensure every student feels loved and has every chance every day.
Step 1: Application
To be considered as an applicant, please read below:
- Application must be completed.
- For certified and administrative applications, email addresses of three professional supervisory references on reference portion of the application are required. Professional references should include supervisor, such as principals and/or superintendents or for beginner teachers, include references from student teaching supervisor(s) and/or co-operating teacher(s) from contracted educational work experiences within the past three years. If experience was not within the past three years, provide references from last contracted experience.
- Official transcripts are required upon employment if applicable to the position.
- Upload Virginia Praxis II, VCLA, RVE and/or a copy of your Virginia Licensure, if applicable to the position.
- Required documents should be submitted electronically with the application.
- The U.S. Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization require all applicants to submit proof of identity and the legal right to work in the United States. This evidence of proof--either the original or a notarized copy--must be shown to the human resources personnel upon employment. A U.S. Passport or your driver license (with photograph) and social security card will be adequate in most cases. You will also be required to sign a federal government form verifying your identity and eligibility to work in the U.S..
- Fingerprinting, drug/ alcohol testing, and tuberculosis screening are requirements for employment.
- Once a complete application is submitted, you will receive an automated email confirming the Talent Acquisition Department is reviewing your application.
- After your application is completed, you will now have a profile in TalentEd, which will save your information, allowing you to return at any time to submit additional applications.