Literacy Advisory Council
The Literacy Advisory Council was created at the end of the 2016-2017 school year with the explicit goal of bringing together a leadership team that could improve literacy outcomes for all students in Richmond Public Schools in service to our vision and mission for success.
The long term goals for this team are to:
- develop a literacy vision and mission for RPS
- plan and implement (across content areas) a district literacy action plan
- serve as an advisory for all ELA decisions that impact schools, teachers and students
- work with schools to create and sustain a supported, literacy-rich environment in schools
- empower teacher leaders as change agents who can support curriculum and instruction in their buildings and the district
The team meets monthly. If you are a stakeholder and interested in participating, please contact Teresa Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.