Regional Governor's Schools
Richmond Public Schools's online application process supports:
- Maggie L. Walker Governor's School for Government and International Studies
- Appomattox Regional Governor's School for the Arts and Technology.
Applications for CodeRVA are managed separately by that school.
To learn more about academic-year governor's schools in Virginia, click here.
Governor's Schools Application Schedule
Please note that admissions activities may be affected by restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as we use practices that ensure the safety and good health of students, parents, and staff members. Regional schools give local school divisions the latitude to adjust their schedules to meet the needs of their stakeholders.
- October 22, 2020 - MLWGS and ARGS applications open on the Enroll RPS portal (Applications are viewable starting October 15, 2020)
- November 5, 2020 - ARGS Virtual Open House (check back here soon for a meeting link)
- November 9-10-11, 2020 - MLWGS Virtual Open House (Click to attend!)
- December 1, 2020 - Deadline for submitting ARGS and MLWGS applications in the Enroll RPS portal. Teachers have until December 15, 2020 4:30 PM to submit recommendations.
- January 16 & 23, 2021 - ARGS auditions and adjudications (details to be announced)
- February 6, 2021 - Assessments at MLWGS are cancelled; Further updates to admission components will be announced at a later date
- March 5, 2021 - ARGS and MLWGS application decisions shared in Enroll RPS
- March 19, 2021 - ARGS and MLWGS acceptance responses due in the Enroll RPS portal by 4:30 PM. Students may choose to remain on the waitlist; however, they may only accept one offer and decline all other offers
- March 19, 2021 - Written appeals for ARGS or MLWGS must be emailed by 4:30 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appeals must include specific concerns related to the application process that the parents/guardians would like to have considered for review
Virtual Information and Technical Support Sessions
Richmond Public Schools will host four virtual information and technical support sessions. Each session will review the overall application process for all school types, include a demonstration of the Enroll RPS portal and presentations from each RPS specialty school.
Content will be the same for each session, and a recording will be available for on-demand viewing after the first session. No RSVP is required, and we look forward to meeting with you. Click the link below to register. All sessions will cover the same content.
- October 26, 2020 (5:30 - 7:00PM)
- October 28, 2020 (4:30 - 6:00PM)
- November 5, 2020 (5:30 - 7:00PM)
- November 19, 2020 (5:30 - 7:00PM)
Other Important Links
- Additional Information on Appomattox Regional Governor's School
- Additional Information on Maggie L. Walker Governor's School
- Governor's School FAQs
Click the links above to view/download the PDFs to view the primary components of the governor's school applications. Applications for Richmond city residents applying to these schools must be completed online in the Enroll RPS portal. Paper applications will not be accepted.