John B. Cary was established in 1913 and built at the present site in 1954. It was designated as a model school in 1969. John B. Cary has continued the course of innovative educational strategies and activities. Today the administrators and faculty of this school firmly believed [believe] that children learn at their own pace. Each child is treated as an individual, recognizing his/her many strengths and abilities. Toward this end, the staff consistently develops and continuously seeks appropriate programs and instructional strategies to meet individual educational needs.
Our school has spirit, a caring and compassionate staff, with beautiful children, and a wonderful red caboose!