William Fox School was erected in 1910-1911. It is a grand old building with beautiful hardwood floors and high ceilings. The first students came to Fox in September of 1911. Since then, it has undergone several renovations and is now centrally air-conditioned, made ADA accessible with an elevator addition, and most recently has 2 Learning Cottages on the Stafford Street side joined to the building with covered wooden decking. There are three floors. The basement houses the cafeteria and kitchen, four first grade classrooms, the art room, an exceptional education classroom, and the music room. On the first floor are the general office complex, the Principal’s and Assistant Principal’s offices, the Guidance office, the clinic, and the Library/Media Center. Also on the first floor are four Kindergarten classes, four-second grade classes, and two exceptional education rooms. The auditorium can be found on the second floor along with, two exceptional education classrooms, four third grade, four fourth grade, and four fifth grade classrooms. Up in the “attic”, or third floor, is the S.P.A.C.E. (Special Program for Academic and Creative Excellence) program.
Here is a photo of our school in 1911!