History Overview

  • Oak Grove-Bellemeade opened the doors to the new building in January 2013. The school has come together from their separate buildings where the school's name originated. Currently, Oak Grove-Bellemeade Elementary School serves approximately 675 students in PreK - 5.  

    The 2nd-5th grade building, Oak Grove on Ingram Ave. was originally named for the community in which it was located. The original building started as an eight-room building which was annexed from Chesterfield County in 1914, the year after it was constructed.  As the community grew, so did the school building through many additions. 

    The Kindergarten & 1st grade building, Bellemeade, built in 1918, was also named for the community in which it was located. It was on Webber Ave. next to the current building.