Daily RPS Direct Update - August 13, 2020
Dear #RPSStrong Family,If you didn't get a chance to catch RPS Live! last night, I encourage you to carve out some time this weekend to do so. I was joined by four wonderful guests: Harry Hughes, our Chief Schools Officer; Cherita Sears, Principal of Thomas Jefferson HS; Latonya Waller, Principal of Boushall MS; and James Gordon, Principal of Oak Grove-Bellemeade ES.We discussed how RPS will be focusing on our students' social and emotional well-being during our virtual semester. I'm so grateful to these leaders – and the many others they represent – for truly demonstrating what it means to #LeadWithLove.With great appreciation,JasonShout-outs! – Please keep sending them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
RPS Voices – As we continue the RPS Civic Voice Town Halls series, I'd like to highlight some of the stories shared by the participants. Towards that end, our RPS Voice this week comes from Kai Banks, RPS parent of a rising 6th grader. Ms. Banks, thank you for sharing your voice with us!Survey for Childcare Providers – The Richmond Out-of-School-Time Alliance is gathering information about childcare and facilitated learning care for students this fall. If your organization is thinking about providing this support, please complete this Google Form by Friday, August 14 so we can help spread the word. Thank you!Mobile Tech Support – As a reminder, our Technology Services Department is here to help you troubleshoot any issues with your RPS Chromebooks. Please review the flyers below for the times and locations of the mobile help desk or email email@example.com for support.Important Links – I'll note in orange when there have been additions/updates so you you won't miss anything.Fall 2020 #ReopenWithLove Links
- I would like to give a huge shout out to Mrs. Chamara McCray! Mrs. McCray is the new Administrative Office Manager at Thomas Henderson Middle School. Mrs. McCray has hit the ground running and has been an INCREDIBLE addition to the Warrior Family! Her dedication, attention to detail, and innovative ideas are helping to foster a wonderful environment for Henderson Middle. Huge shoutout to Mr. Matthew Stanley, Mr. Darryl Williams, Dr. Shade Harris, and their creative teams for their work on updating the new logo for the Henderson Warrior Team! Thank you all so much for your guidance and creativity! Huge shout out to Mrs. Monica Murray and the John Marshall team for their continued partnership, courtesy, and kindness in their work with the Henderson Warrior Team! It is great to have a family partnership on the Northside. #JOYANDPRIDEOFTHENORTHSIDE
- I would like to publicly thank Lucas Hostetter and Andrew Bishop. They are extremely responsive during this time of online enrollment. I appreciate all of their hard work and dedication to this process.
- I would like to thank Michelle Hudacsko for her responsiveness and genuine ability to problem solve. She is always open to be a thought partner with anyone and it is much appreciated.
- I would like to thank Autumn Nabors for a wonderful community circle experience during the first day of leadership academy. It was calming, reflective, and genuinely informative and engaging. Job well done! I cannot wait to do this with my staff.
- Shout out to Tikisha White, Coordinator for Exceptional Education, for planning and implementing a fantastic two day ICC Academy. It was a phenomenal, engaging, and extremely beneficial learning opportunity for all participants. Ms. White, you rock!!!
- Shout out to Boushall MS teachers Desiree Dabney, Mariah Monk, and Beverly Fitch who are still applying for and receiving fully funded DonorsChoose projects for the upcoming school year.
- I would like to give a big Shout-Out and THANK YOU to Deborah Jones in the Talent Office for helping me out by completing new hire paperwork to bring onboard Bus Monitors and Bus Operators. Deborah is always willing to help out her teammates and it is so very much appreciated! Thank you, Deborah!
- I would like to recognize Michelle Hudacsko for creating a space for us to talk and share our stories in the community circles during SLA and Mrs. Cassandra Bell for supporting our group during our ELA and math lesson and allowing us to grapple with technology and persevere. Leadership Academy provided an opportunity for us to share and stretch our thinking. Great job, everyone involved in the process!
- Mrs. Francina Simmons is always helpful and efficient when handling situations dealing with exceptional education. In addition, if she can’t help you, she will direct you to someone else in the department who can help you. Thank you!
Local, State, and National Public Health Links
- #ReopenWithLove Section of the RPS Website
- Health and Safety
- Student Schedules
- Meal Distribution
- Technology Distribution
- Personnel Policies
- Family Support Line (804-780-6195)
Local, State, and National Public Education Links
- Richmond City Health District
- City of Richmond COVID-19 Updates
- RVA Strong (Hub for Local Support)
- Cigna (RPS Healthcare Provider)
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia COVIDWISE app
- Centers for Disease Control
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255)