What is the role of the principal during the virtual school year?
Principals will continue to lead their schools and perform all of their normal duties during the virtual semester. For example, among many other responsibilities, principals will:
- conduct classroom observations to provide support to teachers by joining online lessons;
- hire, onboard, and support staff using remote tools;
- hold virtual faculty meetings to share information, gather feedback, and align with staff on key priorities;
- support virtual school culture efforts by helping lead morning Community Circles on a weekly basis;
- meet remotely with parents and caregivers about any concerns they may have; and
- ensure the efficient execution of all operational matters – from facility upgrades to daily cleaning at meal distribution hubs.