Health & Safety Protocols
The health and safety of RPS staff, students, families, and volunteers is our top priority. The safety and health protocols outlined below will be fully implemented by September 8, 2020 and may evolve as new information/data about the virus becomes available.
Daily Screening Guide and Temperature Check
- Each day, prior to reporting to an RPS site (central or school based), operating an RPS bus/vehicle, or conducting RPS business offsite, all individuals will self-answer the CDC screening questions to assess their health status related to COVID-19 symptoms. A question list will also be available at each site.
- Each day, upon arrival at an RPS site, all individuals will have their temperature taken (using the walk-through temperature detector located at the main front entry or a handheld thermometer). Individuals with a temperature of 100.4 (F) and higher will be asked to return home and seek medical advice.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Anyone (staff, students, visitors, volunteers) in an RPS site, on an RPS bus/vehicle, or conducting RPS business offsite must wear a face mask. Face masks are required even if an individual is alone or more than 6 feet away from another person. Face masks must fully cover both the nose and mouth. Face shields are not allowed as an alternative to face masks. Staff who are unable to wear a face mask due to health reasons will be asked to shift to remote work.
- Staff/visitors/volunteers are expected to bring their own face mask, however RPS will provide one to anyone with need. The CDC recommends that cloth face masks are washed after each use (normal machine washing is sufficient).
- N95 masks will be available for health services staff if providing care or performing health screenings.
- Gloves must be worn by staff actively engaging with other individuals (for example, meal distribution program or student testing)
- Goggles will be made available for any staff who actively engages with other individuals, upon request.
Physical Distancing/Distancing Precautions
- Anyone (staff, students, visitors, volunteers) in an RPS site, or on an RPS bus/vehicle, or conducting RPS business offsite must maintain a distance of 6 feet from other individuals, whenever possible.
- Close contact should be avoided. Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet of another individual for more than 10-15 minutes.
- Front office desks in each school and central office will have a Plexiglass shield.
- Use of communal spaces (break rooms) should be staggered/group size limited, based on current CDC recommendations/state guidance.
- Food/drinks/other personal items (like pens) should not be shared.
- All common areas within schools (entry, office, library, classrooms) will have a wall mounted hand sanitizing station.
- All staff are encouraged to take periodic breaks for handwashing. Please ensure proper handwashing techniques (20 seconds, soap, etc.).
- Supplies will be monitored throughout the day to ensure there are always hand sanitizer, soap and paper towels available. Should a supply not be available, please contact a manager immediately.
- Staff is encouraged to engage in respiratory etiquette, such as using and disposing of tissues when sneezing, and avoiding touching ones’ nose, mouth and eyes.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned daily (in schools, buses, etc.). Staff are encouraged to wipe down personal high touch surfaces as needed as well (for example, keyboards or doorknobs) every two hours. For electronics, follow the manufacturer’s instruction for cleaning and disinfecting. If no guidance is provided, use alcohol-based wipes containing at least 70% alcohol and dry the surface thoroughly. Cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Water fountains/water coolers will not be in use.