The Secondary Success Center offers multiple pathways to success for students who have dropped out of a Richmond Public Schools High School. All interested students will participate in individualized consultations with Secondary Success Center staff members to determine appropriate program placement and other supports needed for successful completion. The Secondary Success Center gives students who have dropped out of Richmond Public Schools an opportunity to complete high school or earn a High School Equivalency Diploma outside of the traditional comprehensive high school setting. Flexible course offerings along with support from teachers gives students a chance to work at an accelerated pace toward completion. Students can still begin with the Center even though we are not meeting in person.
Interested students simply need to fill out the form below.
Instructional Delivery: Online with a teacher as needed; Monday and Wednesday evenings, 5:30 - 8:30 (when available again) for in-person teacher support at Hickory Hill Community Center
Characteristics of an ideal student:
- Self-motivated with some in person support
- Students who are 17-19 years old
- Students 19 ½ - 21 are eligible for the GED through RPS Adult Education
- English language learners may be eligible to attend until the age of 22
- All interested students will receive a transcript assessment to determine standard and veriﬁed credit needs and a personalized learning path will be created. Courses are delivered digitally with on-site support from high school teachers
- Formal academic, career and technical evaluations are conducted for GED students
Secondary Success Support Specialist