Health and Safety 2.0
RPS is committed to keeping everyone healthy and safe when we students return to classrooms this summer and fall!
Here are just some of the measures we’re taking to ensure we #ReopenWithLove2.0.
- Everyone 16 or older can now get the vaccine. All staff, families, and students are strongly encouraged to get it as soon as possible.
- Though the vaccine is not required at this time, it may be in the future with updated CDC guidance. Again, please take the opportunity right now to get vaccinated.
Daily Symptom Checking
- Families, students, and staff will be required to self-check at home before coming to school.
- All visitors will be required to perform a symptom-check upon entry to buildings.
- Masks will be required for all students, staff, and visitors at all times, except during meals.
- Masks will be provided to anyone who does not have one.
Hand Washing & Sanitizing
- Every classroom and common area will have a wall-mounted mounted hand sanitizer station.
- All bathrooms will have touchless paper towel and soap dispensers.
- Students will wash hands or use hand sanitizer every 2 hours and prior to meals.
- Classroom layouts will support 3 feet of distancing to the greatest extent possible.
- Use of communal spaces (cafeteria, library, playground, etc.) will be staggered.
- Standalone HEPA filtration units will be placed in all classrooms and common areas.
- Building HVAC systems will have upgraded air filters.
- All buses will be equipped with air filtration systems and will keep windows open, weather permitting.
Supportive Care Spaces
- A Supportive Care Space will be available at each school to isolate those with any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Parents and caregivers will be notified to pick up any student who is sick as quickly as possible.
Contact Tracing & Quarantine/Closure
- RPS will continue to work in collaboration with the Richmond City Health District (RCHD) to perform contact tracing of all positive cases.
- Classes/schools will be quarantined when advised by RCHD.
- In the event of a closure, RPS will continue instruction virtually.
Learn more at www.rvaschools.net/reopenwithlove or call our Family Support Line at 804-780-6195.