RPS and the Virginia Department of Health are holding two COVID-19 vaccination clinics for all eligible community members (individuals 5 years of age and older) this month. See below for details. At this time, these clinics will not be offering boosters. We hope to see you there!
Visit vaccinate.virginia.gov to find out how you can get vaccinated, look up your vaccination record, find frequently asked questions, and learn more about vaccine eligibility, data dashboards, and more. Noticias, Preguntas Frecuentes Y Recursos Sobre Vacunación Contra COVID-19 en Español.
- Walk-Up Events
- Attend a RCHD Walk-Up Event (no appointment needed) Click here to see a list of walk-up events
- RPS & VDH will be holding two COVID-19 Community Vaccination Clinics in November!
- Find a Pharmacy
- Use the vaccines.gov website to find nearby pharmacies that offer the COVID-19 vaccine. Please use a 25-mile radius when searching for appointments so you find all available vaccination opportunities near you
- Schedule an Appointment
- Eligible residents can either schedule a vaccination at one of the Health District’s vaccination events on the VAMS website or by calling RCHD call center at (804) 205-3501, Monday through Friday, 8 am-5 pm.
- Homebound Appointments
- If you or someone you know is homebound and would like to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine, call the RCHD call center at 804-205-3501 to complete a phone intake. They will contact you within 2 weeks to schedule an appointment.
Community Vaccination Center at Richmond Raceway
The Virginia Department of Health is running a Community Vaccination Center (CVC) at the Richmond Raceway, located at 600 E. Laburnum Ave. The CVC offers COVID-19 vaccines to the greater Richmond community. It will be open Monday-Saturday, 10 am - 7:30 pm for any individuals who qualify for a COVID-19 vaccination initial series or booster. You can schedule an appointment at vaccinate.virginia.gov or by calling 877 VAX-IN-VA. Walk-ins are also welcome. All three COVID-19 vaccine types and Pfizer booster vaccines will be available.
All RPS staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination by October 1. Employees should have received an email with instructions on how to upload proof of full vaccination. The subject line is COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation - Richmond City Public Schools. Please make sure to check your RPS account, not your personal one.
- Please visit vaccinate.virginia.gov if you need a copy of your vaccination record or need to schedule an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- If you would like to apply for a medical or religious exemption, please contact the Talent Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone granted an exemption will need to provide proof of a negative COVID test on a weekly basis.
- To assist our employees, we're working with the Richmond City Health District to set up several mobile vaccination clinics just for RPS staff. We'll have dates and locations next week.
If you have any other questions, please reach out to the Talent Office at email@example.com
Everyone 5 and older is eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Note: A parent or guardian must sign a consent form for a child aged 5-15 to receive the vaccine. The form is electronic and can be signed on-site at the vaccination clinic. An adult must also accompany the child to the vaccination appointment, though it is not required that the adult be the child’s legal guardian.
Here are some of the ways you can access this opportunity for your adolescents:
- Click here to learn more about the COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens.
- Visit Vaccines.gov to find pharmacies or other providers in your area that have available Pfizer doses. You can then visit the website of individual providers or call them to find available appointment times. Check back frequently as pharmacies will add new appointments weekly.
- Several of our region’s pediatricians will begin offering the Pfizer vaccine to existing patients aged 5-15. Parents and caregivers should contact their pediatrician to find out more information about scheduling an appointment.
- All Richmond and Henrico Health District Pfizer events are open to children aged 5-15, either with appointments scheduled through vax.rchd.com/804-205-3501 or as walk-ups.