School psychologists are assigned to every school in the Richmond City Public Schools (RPS). They regularly consult and collaborate with teachers, families, administrators, and students to help create the most optimal learning environment possible.
- Provide counseling and mentoring for students struggling with social, emotional, and behavioral problems. -
- Consultation with teachers/students/parents/administrators to identify and address learning and behavioral problems that interfere with school success.
- Psycho-educational assessments of children from preschool through 12th grade, in order to evaluate student abilities, as well as address the emotional and social factors that influence learning.
- Work to increase achievement by assessing barriers to learning and determining the best instructional strategies to improve learning.
- Prevention/intervention in areas such as problem-solving, self-regulation, anger management, suicide and self-esteem.
- In-service trainings for teachers and administrators.
- Design and implement academic and behavioral supports.
- Crisis intervention.