About the Media Center
The mission of the Richmond Community High School Media Center Program is to help students become life long learners and to ensure students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
Hours of Operation
The media center is open from 7:45 - 3:15 Monday - Friday
Media Center Visits
I hope visiting the media center becomes an integral part of your high school experience, and you have many opportunities to do so; but please remember:
- a pass is required to enter the media center during regular classroom hours unless you are visiting with your entire class.
- a pass is not required during lunch.
- you must sign in each time you enter, and sign out each time you exit the media center.
- to follow RPS acceptable use guidelines.
Media Center Visits--Class Groups
Faculty members are encouraged to schedule a visit to the Library Media Center in conjunction with a planned lesson or project. I am happy to join in the goal setting for objectives, procedures, activities and resources for the unit. There is a collaboration form to fill out with the Media Specialists to ensure the best use of time and effort.
VCU High School Partners Program
This partnership allows students and instructors to borrow materials from VCU libraries. If you are interested, please see Mrs. Humphries for a pass.
We’ve added eBooks to our digital library!
Our library has purchased eBooks from Follett School Solutions and they are now available for your use. These eBooks can be accessed in school or from home using an internet-enabled computer or device. eBooks are great for casual reading or research since you can take and save notes, highlight text and more. There’s even an app you can download.
You can access our eBooks by computer ,or you can download the Destiny Discover app on your smart device(iPhone, iPad, android, or tablet) and follow these steps:
- When the app first opens, you will need to choose Virginia from the dropdown list as your state and then choose your school from the dropdown list.
- You may select Browse as Guest if you just want to look around.
- Select Login if you want to actually check out or read an eBook. Select a title that you like, click OPEN to view and/or Read the book. Click on CHECKOUT to access/download the book to your smart device. (YOU MUST log in to access each title.)
Login Info for Students: your username is your Student ID (ex. 00123456), and your password is your birth date in this format: mmddyyyy (ex.06052001 for June 5, 2001).
Teachers and staff can log in using their AD login.