- Open House for Open HS is scheduled for November 6, 2019 6:00-7:30 p.m..
- All Specialty School Online Applications open on December 16, 2019 and close on January 24, 2020 at 4:30 pm
This application is for information purposes only, and applications will only be accepted through the online portalSpecialty Schools: Open High School, Richmond Community High School, Franklin Military Academy, Lucille Brown International Baccalaureate Middle Year's Programme, and the Thomas Jefferson International Middle Year's Programme (IB, 9th-10th) and the Thomas Jefferson International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB, 11th - 12th)Open Enrollment Schools: All comprehensive schools that are outside the student's school zone and are not application-based Specialty Schools. Students that apply through Open Enrollment will be selected through a lottery.Specialty Schools (SS) and Open Enrollment (OE) applications will open on December 16, 2019, and close on January 24, 2020. Our new portal for the SS/OE applications will be provided by Smart Choice Technologies: https://smartcho
icetech.com/ Smart Choice currently services Houston Public Schools, Nashville Public Schools, Durham, Atlanta.... and now, Richmond Public Schools. The features they provide will make your application process much easier. Smart Choice will also provide equity and access for all of our students who would like to apply to the SS-OE programs. A few highlighted features are:
The Specialty Schools (Open HS, Franklin Military Academy, Richmond Community HS, and the International Bacaullareate Programs at Lucille Brown and Thomas Jefferson) will also house their applications on their individual school websites by November 15, 2019. These applications will be available to print and may be used as a resource for our online process. Families will be able to view and print the requirements, recommendations, and essay prompts, prior to the portal opening on December 16, 2020.
- Applications are available in 80 languages
- Notifications to parents may come through email or text
- Recommendations will be sent electronically to teachers and submitted by the teachers to the portal
- Parents can schedule their children's appointments and interviews online
- Letter builder will be able to customize our status responses and the notifications to be sent out
- How to apply videos will be posted on the RPS website in English and Spanish
- Testimonials: https://smartcho