The mission of Franklin Military Academy, the premier secondary military institution designed to mold tomorrow's leaders, is to develop leadership, promote scholarship, and encourage honorable citizenship through military structure, rigorous learning experiences, and public service with the collective efforts of faculty, students, parents, and community partners.
Franklin Military Academy strives to be recognized as the premier secondary school that promotes the potential of each student through a rigorous academic program, community involvement, and leadership opportunities within a military structure. Upon graduation, our students will be equipped with the skills necessary to be competitive at colleges and universities, as well as in the 21st-century workforce.
Our Beliefs Are
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school; a safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Curriculum and instructional practices will incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Exceptional students (i.e. special education, limited English proficiency students, gifted and talented, etc.) require special services and resources.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- The school will function as a learning organization and promote opportunities for all those who have a stake in its success as we work together as a community of learners.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, and lifelong learners.