Dual Enrollment Courses
The Richmond Technical Center coordinates dual enrollment courses through J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College (JSRCC). Students receive both high school and college credits for taking one of the designated dual enrollment courses. The courses vary each school year. Richmond Public Schools covers the tuition, whether at in-state or out-of-state rates.
Students register for dual enrollment courses at the beginning of each school year and attend dual enrollment classes at the Richmond Technical Center during their regularly scheduled times.
Students interested in enrolling in a dual enrollment course must complete the following J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College (JSRCC) requirements:
- Complete JSRCC’s Webb Application and secure JRSCC ID—Emp ID # through a Richmond Technical Center guidance counselor.
- Complete and submit to RTC the Dual Enrollment Course Request Form with appropriate signatures.
- Complete and submit to RTC the Residency for Dual and Concurrent Enrollment Application Form with parental signature.
- Submit a copy of the student’s grade transcript from his or her comprehensive high school (home school) guidance counselor.
- Register and take the applicable JSRCC Virginia Placement Tests.
- All paperwork must be submitted by stated deadlines to be admitted into the Dual Enrollment Program.
Questions or concerns should be directed to the RTC guidance counselors, Sharon McLendon or Fernando Lightfoot at (804) 780-6237.