Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Heather Kennedy
I am so excited to be working as the Future Center Director here at TeeJay! I graduated with a B.A. in Historic Preservation from the University of Mary Washington then went on to get an M.S.Ed. in Elementary Education. From there, I became an admissions counselor at UMW and found that my passion is in working with high school students to plan out their future.
The goal of the Future Center is to ensure that all students graduate with a plan after high school. That plan can be attending a 4-year college or university, a 2-year junior or community college, a technical or trade school, enlisting in the military, or entering the workforce. I also work with students in the following areas:
· College Applications
· Finding and applying for scholarships
· Financial Aid
· FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
· Registering for the SAT and ACT
· SAT & ACT fee waivers
· Employment during high school or over the summer
· Employment after high school
· Summer enrichment opportunities
· Essay writing workshops
· Choosing a career pathway
· Anything that has to do with the “next steps” after high school!
Let me know if you (student/parent/guardian) have any questions or concerns. I am here to help! I am at TeeJay every day and after school on most days. Students are welcome any time with a pass! If you are a parent/guardian who would like to set up a meeting, please let me know!
Phone: (804) 213-2423