About Adult Technical Center
The Richmond Adult Technical Center (RATC) provides related instruction to students participating in an Apprenticeship Program. The RATC experience offers an excellent opportunity to change careers, upgrade skills or for the hobbyist to gain expert skills. The classes are held Monday thru Thursday evenings from 6:30-9:30pm. A minimum of 10 students must register for a class before the class can be offered. Classes consist of approximately (75) seventy-five hours of instruction and about 14 weeks in duration. There are two semesters per school year. Tuition payment is due at the time of registration. By registering for any course you agree to comply with all policies and procedures established by this institution. There will be no smoking or use of tobacco products nor consumption of alcoholic beverages on the property of Richmond Public Schools.
Instruction is currently offered in the following areas:
- Culinary Arts
- Nail Technology
- Course descriptions are current at the time of publication. Courses are added from time to time to meet the needs of the community.
- Courses and dates may change at the discretion of the Adult Technical Center.
- Students are responsible for purchasing textbooks, workplace materials and supplies.
- Additional Transcripts and Certificates are available upon written request at the cost of $5.00 per copy.
- RATC is an accredited school by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.