Mr. Seth Knight
Phone: (804) 248-2845
I am so excited to be working as the Future Center Director here at “The Strong” and helping students discover “what’s next!”
A bit about me: I am a native Californian and attended community college (for way too long) before transferring to California State University, Northridge (B.A. psychology). Next, I completed my M.A. in Psychology (clinical track) at the New School for Social Research in New York City. While at the Harlem Children’s Zone, I discovered my love of helping students transition from high school. Once in Richmond, I’ve continued to work with students in various roles.
The goal of the Future Center is to ensure that all students graduate with a plan after high school. That plan can be attending a 4-year college or university, a 2-year junior or community college, a technical or trade school, enlisting in the military, or entering the workforce. We also work with students in the following areas:
· College Applications
· Finding and applying for scholarships
· Financial Aid
· FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
· Registering for the SAT and ACT
· SAT & ACT fee waivers
· Employment during high school or over the summer
· Employment after high school
· Summer enrichment opportunities
· Essay writing workshops
· Choosing a career pathway
· Anything that has to do with the “next steps” after high school!
Let me know if you (student/parent/guardian) have any questions or concerns. I am here to help! I am at Armstrong every day. Students are welcome any time with a pass! If you are a parent/guardian who would like to set up a meeting, please let me know!