Richmond Public Schools Partnership Profile
Thank you for your interest in supporting Richmond Public Schools! Richmond Public Schools believes that we will only be successful with deep partnerships with families and community. Below, you will find more information about how RPS strives to leverage partner support from organizations and individuals interested in helping us make our strategic plan, Dreams4RPS, a reality for our students. You will also find more information on how to directly support our school, and how to engage with all of RPS!
Support Richmond Public Schools!
- Mentors to support student development
- Writing, reading, and math tutors
- School beautification assistance (e.g., landscaping, wall cleaning, bathroom cleaning, and touch-up painting)
- Classroom technology support (e.g., Chromebooks)
- Classroom materials (e.g., decorations)
Our Division-Wide Community Programs
RPS Shines is an initiative to ensure that all RPS students feel valued, loved and cared for by maintaining safe and clean school environments. We need volunteers for all three RPS Shines initiatives: 1) The School Beautification Days initiative beautifies school buildings and grounds by painting walls, cleaning, landscaping, and so much more; 2) The Bathroom Blitz initiative aims to improve school restrooms and other infrastructure at schools across the community; 3) The Community Murals initiative engages the community in creating artwork that tells our collective story.
Community Teams or “Go Far Together” Teams are school based teams that are inclusive and reflect the diversity of the school’s student and family population. Teams can be comprised of family members, PTA/PTO, educators, and community members who work collaboratively on specific goals for student success. Community Teams are intended to empower and build up family leaders who will help drive the work towards achieving the team’s identified goals.
Mentorship is key to providing students the opportunity to build meaningful and trusting relationships, develop leadership skills, and feel empowered through social justice work. Through our Brothers United Mentoring Program and partnership with Girls for a Change, the ultimate program goals include increasing academic achievement, reducing punitive discipline, and improving parent engagement in schools.
The RPS Family Academy is a service which offers free trainings, resources, and access to skills and supports to families in order to promote engagement and advocacy. The Family Academy consists of the following strands: Support Student Success, Advocacy and Outreach, Early Childhood Readiness, and Health and Wellness. Workshops are offered twice during the school year: a Fall/Winter session and a Spring session.
- To volunteer, click here to visit our Volunteer Engagement page or email Will Keenan (WKeenan.firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To donate school supplies, space, or finances, click here or email Grady Hart (Ghart@rvaschools.net).
- To learn more about partnering, jointly applying for a grant, or conducting research with RPS, click here or email Grady Hart (Ghart@rvaschools.net).
- To connect with the PTA, please contact PTA President Rupa Murthy (email@example.com).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How do I get my background check completed?
Start by filling out our online Volunteer Application, after which you will receive an email with details on how to complete your background check.
- Q: How do I obtain a Letter of Support for a grant proposal?
Please begin by completing our Partnership Inquiry Form and be sure to respond "Yes" to the question "Are you interested in working with RPS on a specific grant or research opportunity you have identified?"
- Q: How do I submit a request to conduct research and/or explore joint grant opportunities with RPS?
Please begin by completing our Partnership Inquiry Form.
- Q: How do I inquire about using RPS space for a public event or meeting?
Please contact Morris Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: Still have questions?
Reach out to RPS Community Partnerships Coordinator, Grady Hart, at email@example.com.