What is RPS Rising?
RPS Rising is our annual celebration to honor Richmond Public Schools’ educators! The night includes dinner, performances from amazing RPS students, and opportunities to learn more about the incredible contributions of our award finalists and winners.
When and where is the event?
RPS Rising will take place on the evening of Thursday, May 7, 2020 at the Science Museum of Virginia.
Who will be honored at RPS Rising?
RPS Rising will honor staff in four categories – Teacher of the Year, Staff Member of the Year, Principal of the Year, and the Rodney A. Robinson Equity Award. In addition, the 2019-20 valedictorian from each RPS high school will be celebrated.
How is an individual nominated and selected for an award?
- School communities select their winner for Teacher of the Year and Staff Member of the Year.
- Anyone can nominate an individual for the 2020 Principal of the Year and/or the Rodney A. Robinson Equity Award – to do so, please use the form below (nominations are due by March 20, 2020).
- For all awards, a central selection committee determines the finalists and winner.
What is the award criteria?
- Nominees for Principal of the Year must have served as an RPS principal for at least two full years and have demonstrated excellence in the principal role.
- Nominees for the Rodney A. Robinson Equity Award must be a full time RPS employee (can serve in any role), have served in RPS for at least two full years, and be a champion of equity for RPS.