Elizabeth D. Redd Elementary School was built in 1951 and sits on 10.6 acres of land. Once called Forest View Elementary School, Elizabeth D. Redd received its present name in 1970 when the Chesterfield County School Board made it the first school named after a female teacher, Elizabeth D. Redd. Redd School, as it is usually referred to, serves 486 students in grades kindergarten through fifth. Redd is known for its strong academic program and committed faculty and staff. "#WeBelieve" is the motto of the building.
Every member of Redd is "Simply the Best". Elizabeth D. Redd’s mascot, the “Redd Lion,” is featured prominently throughout the building and greets everyone in the school’s entrance hallway. Redd Elementary is often referred to as Richmond City Schools "little secret."
Our School Norms
Our school norms are the doctrines that govern our beliefs and set the standards for which we educate our students. Elizabeth D. Redd School Norms are:
- Academic standards and expectations are clearly stated and communicated to faculty, students, and parents.
- Administrators, faculty, and staff believe in the power of great teachers.
- Individual teachers throughout the school believe that they can personally make a difference in student achievement.
- Teachers and staff collaborate to improve instruction for all students--sharing strategies that work, mentoring, coaching, and engaging in collaborative problem solving.
- Resources and support will be provided to students who need instructional interventions and remediation.
- Our students believe that hard work pays off; that their learning and achievement will reflect the effort they extend.
The mission of E.D. Redd, a premier learning community, is to cultivate the whole child to excel in a global society, and to become a good steward through actively involved parents, strong community partnerships, and highly qualified teachers, who provide optimal individualized learning experiences that inspire, challenge, and engage each learner.
Our vision is to be a premier learning community that is the first choice for ALL in Richmond City and to be recognized nationally for student excellence.