Keeping Students in School and Ready to Learn!
The Health Services Program provides medical supervision/services in support of school nurses, health education/health promotion, student assessment, the management of student medical needs, and the development of district policies and procedures.
School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that:
- advances the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students,
- promotes health and safety
- intervenes with actual and potential health problems
- assists with positive student responses to normal development
- collaborate with professionals in other disciplines to build student and family self management, self advocacy and learning
School nursing assists students in achieving optimal wellness to enhance readiness to learn, improve school attendance rates, ensure that students entering school are adequately immunized and free of communicable diseases and provides a continuum of health care for all students at school, home and in the community.
School health services will promote student health and learning by advancing the practice of school nursing while providing quality school health services in a manner that is culturally suitable to meet the individuals needs of an ever-evolving and diverse student population.