We are change agents committed to providing innovative and objective solutions that add value and improve operations.
- Develop and implement an audit plan based on an annual risk assessment.
- Ensure that Richmond Public Schools programs, schools, and departments comply with applicable policies, procedures, plans, laws and regulations.
- Improve the District's understanding of internal audit functions and services.
- Investigate observed, alleged or suspected wrongdoing to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse in district programs and activities.
- Maintain a dynamic, team-oriented environment which encourages personal and professional growth, and challenges and rewards our employees for excelling and reaching their full potential.
- Encourage self-reviews of systems and procedures.
Report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse
Internal Audit Services maintains the fraud, waste and abuse hotline for use by employees and others to report allegations of fraud, waste and abuse. Our school district, like any other school district, is subject to the possibility of irregularities in the handling of money, documents, resources and equipment. Richmond Public Schools is committed to the highest standards of business conduct. The public can hold a high degree of confidence that we will meet the challenge of identifying and eliminating fraud, waste or abuse.
To learn how to anonymously report or help us identify fraud, waste and abuse, please follow this link.
Internal Audit Services
301 North Ninth Street
Richmond, VA 23219