The mission of the Office of Communications & Media Relations (OCMR) is to communicate the district's goals, objectives and successes to both internal and external stakeholders - including employees, students, parents, civic organizations and area businesses - through a comprehensive, multi-tiered public relations / marketing program.
What We Do
The OCMR communicates to both internal and external audiences about broad-ranging issues and events involving Richmond Public Schools. The Office manages the central media relations, marketing and television production operations for Richmond Public Schools.
- produces and distributes publications that showcase RPS students, staff, administration and partners;
- develops and produces television programming highlighting RPS students, staff, and partners;
- produces editorial, video, and visuals for the district's website;
- organizes special events for RPS;
- promotes print, radio and television coverage of RPS news and activities; and
- provides crisis communications.
Today, the Virginia Department of Education released their final report regarding SOL testing at Carver Elementary School. Superintendent Jason Kamras and his team were briefed on the report this morning and received the final copy this afternoon.
RPS is pleased to announce additional school leadership for the 2018-2019 school year.
As Richmond Public Schools continues to prepare for the 2018 - 2019 school year, new leadership has been appointed to Oak Grove-Bellemeade Elementary School.
Two Richmond Public Schools have earned 2018 Virginia Index of Performance (VIP) awards for advanced learning and achievement.
The Richmond School Board voted Monday night to rename J.E.B. Stuart Elementary School after the first African-American U.S. President, Barack Obama.