The mission of the Office of Communications & Media Relations (OCMR) is to communicate the district's goals, objectives and successes to both internal and external stakeholders - including employees, students, parents, civic organizations and area businesses - through a comprehensive, multi-tiered public relations / marketing program.
What We Do
The OCMR communicates to both internal and external audiences about broad-ranging issues and events involving Richmond Public Schools. The Office manages the central media relations, marketing and television production operations for Richmond Public Schools.
- produces and distributes publications that showcase RPS students, staff, administration and partners;
- develops and produces television programming highlighting RPS students, staff, and partners;
- produces editorial, video, and visuals for the district's website;
- organizes special events for RPS;
- promotes print, radio and television coverage of RPS news and activities; and
- provides crisis communications.
This is a message from Superintendent Kamras regarding the planned events for student walk-outs on Friday, April 20.
Richmond Community High School Principal Receives REB Award for Distinguished Educational Leadership
J. Austin Brown, principal of Richmond Community High School (RCHS), has been awarded the 2017-18 REB Award for Distinguished Educational Leadership.
Albert Hill Middle School seventh-grade student, Cleo Scott was honored today as one of three winners of the Virginia Lottery Thank a Teacher Art Contest, in partnership with the Virginia PTA.
Last night the Richmond Public Schools Board approved the hire of four new members of Superintendent Kamras’ leadership team.
We continue to appreciate Mayor Stoney’s leadership and support of the children of Richmond.