The mission of the Office of Communications & Media Relations (OCMR) is to communicate the district's goals, objectives and successes to both internal and external stakeholders - including employees, students, parents, civic organizations and area businesses - through a comprehensive, multi-tiered public relations / marketing program.
What We Do
The OCMR communicates to both internal and external audiences about broad-ranging issues and events involving Richmond Public Schools. The Office manages the central media relations, marketing and television production operations for Richmond Public Schools.
- produces and distributes publications that showcase RPS students, staff, administration and partners;
- develops and produces television programming highlighting RPS students, staff, and partners;
- produces editorial, video, and visuals for the district's website;
- organizes special events for RPS;
- promotes print, radio and television coverage of RPS news and activities; and
- provides crisis communications.
“It is our hope, that Rodney’s fierce commitment to equity and his love for his students and community will not only inspire us here in Richmond, but that the name, Rodney A. Robinson, becomes synonymous with equity and excellence across our nation,” said Superintendent Jason Kamras.
“Open High School, Mary Munford Elementary School and William Fox Elementary School are some of the many examples of excellence within RPS and we’re thrilled for these schools to be recognized in this way,” said Superintendent Jason Kamras. “We are deeply appreciative of the instructional leadership from their principals, the dedication of their staff and the hard work of all of their students.”