Honors & Acceleration Programs
Criteria for Students
- Academic average of at least “B” in core subject area for the current school year.
- Standardized test scores which indicate achievement is on or above grade level.
- Regular attendance
- Work Habits
- Make good use of time
- Produce neat and careful work
- Plan and self-evaluate work
- Submit work on time
- Work independently
- Listen to and follow directions
If individual consideration is given to those recommended for honors or accelerated programs and if parents and students are apprised of the criteria for admission and retention in these programs, there will be a likelihood for success. Since students in these programs represent those whose achievement is above average, they are expected to make the following grades: A, B, or C.