Mental Health Resources
If you or someone you know needs mental health support, please access the resources listed here.
- Students and families in need of mental health support can call the Richmond Behavioral Health Authority Rapid Access at (804) 241-9621 Monday - Friday, 8am - 2pm
- Students who need emergency mental health support should call the Richmond Behavioral Health Authority at (804) 819-4100 or the ChildSavers Immediate Response line at (804) 305-2420 (or send a text to 741741).
- An additional counseling resource available to students and families is Challenge Discovery Projects. Their counselors can be reached by calling (804) 643-0002.
- The Latinos in Virginia Empowerment Center will be open all day for any Latino/Hispanic individuals affected by the shooting. Their 24/7 hotline number is (804) 728-0048.
- The Trauma Healing Response Network is a coalition of grassroots, community-based organizations and mental health partners that provide support services to families and communities impacted by gun violence. The network can also facilitate the distribution of emergency relief funds to help those in crisis. For more information, email traumahealingresponsenet
- RPS employees in need of emergency support should contact the Cigna 24/7 crisis line at (833) ME-CIGNA (833-632-4462). Additional counseling and support services are also available through the Cigna Employee Assistance (EAP) program by calling (800) 544-6931.