The mission of the Office of Communications & Media Relations (OCMR) is to communicate the district's goals, objectives and successes to both internal and external stakeholders - including employees, students, parents, civic organizations and area businesses - through a comprehensive, multi-tiered public relations / marketing program.
What We Do
The OCMR communicates to both internal and external audiences about broad-ranging issues and events involving Richmond Public Schools. The Office manages the central media relations, marketing and television production operations for Richmond Public Schools.
- produces and distributes publications that showcase RPS students, staff, administration and partners;
- develops and produces television programming highlighting RPS students, staff, and partners;
- produces editorial, video, and visuals for the district's website;
- organizes special events for RPS;
- promotes print, radio and television coverage of RPS news and activities; and
- provides crisis communications.
“RPS Shines is one way that we show our students how much we value and love them,” said Superintendent Jason Kamras. “We are so thankful for the support of our community partners and every volunteer who plans to donate their time, resources, or skills so that our schools shine a bit brighter for our students this fall.”
“It is our hope, that Rodney’s fierce commitment to equity and his love for his students and community will not only inspire us here in Richmond, but that the name, Rodney A. Robinson, becomes synonymous with equity and excellence across our nation,” said Superintendent Jason Kamras.
“In each one of these candidates we saw great leaders who we know will lead with love and inspire our students to greatness,” said RPS Superintendent Jason Kamras.