The mission of the Office of Communications & Media Relations (OCMR) is to communicate the district's goals, objectives and successes to both internal and external stakeholders - including employees, students, parents, civic organizations and area businesses - through a comprehensive, multi-tiered public relations / marketing program.
What We Do
The OCMR communicates to both internal and external audiences about broad-ranging issues and events involving Richmond Public Schools. The Office manages the central media relations, marketing and television production operations for Richmond Public Schools.
- produces and distributes publications that showcase RPS students, staff, administration and partners;
- develops and produces television programming highlighting RPS students, staff, and partners;
- produces editorial, video, and visuals for the district's website;
- organizes special events for RPS;
- promotes print, radio and television coverage of RPS news and activities; and
- provides crisis communications.
“I am so proud of Jazz because he set this goal and pursued this opportunity on his own,”
"Considered the most respected professional certification in K-12 education, National Board Certification is a professional development process that recognizes accomplished teachers who meet rigorous performance standards."
Please note that all RPS schools and offices will open on time tomorrow, Tuesday, January 15.
All RPS schools and offices are now closed tomorrow Monday, January 14 due to worsened weather and road conditions.