Note: Much of the history of the Richmond Public Schools was recorded in the context of a segregated society, and the reader should readily discern between pre- and post-desegregation observations. The terms "black," "colored," "Negro," and "white" in this booklet should not be considered offensive as they have been used according to the custom of the particular period. Since 1962, the division has omitted such racial designations from its reports and publications.
Glen Lea School
Mechanicsville Pike (R.F.D. # 4)
This school was acquired from Henrico County by annexation in 1914, and was housed in a rented facility. When it was discontinued in June 1916, Glen Lea had six teachers and 138 pupils