Note: Much of the history of the Richmond Public Schools was recorded in the context of a segregated society, and the reader should readily discern between pre- and post-desegregation observations. The terms "black," "colored," "Negro," and "white" in this booklet should not be considered offensive as they have been used according to the custom of the particular period. Since 1962, the division has omitted such racial designations from its reports and publications.
Louisiana Street School
812 Louisiana Street (Fulton)
Named for the street on which it was located, this school of two classes was acquired from Henrico County by annexation in 1906. It was supervised by the principal of Nicholson School until that school was replaced by Robert Fulton School in January 1917. Louisiana Street School then operated as part of Fulton School until June 1919, when it was discontinued.
Robert Fulton School