Note: Much of the history of the Richmond Public Schools was recorded in the context of a segregated society, and the reader should readily discern between pre- and post-desegregation observations. The terms "black," "colored," "Negro," and "white" in this booklet should not be considered offensive as they have been used according to the custom of the particular period. Since 1962, the division has omitted such racial designations from its reports and publications.
34th Street near "P" Street
Oakwood School was closed in June 1915, and its pupils were transferred to the new Nathaniel Bacon School which opened in September.
June 1915 125 (final)
Oak Grove School