Note: Much of the history of the Richmond Public Schools was recorded in the context of a segregated society, and the reader should readily discern between pre- and post-desegregation observations. The terms "black," "colored," "Negro," and "white" in this booklet should not be considered offensive as they have been used according to the custom of the particular period. Since 1962, the division has omitted such racial designations from its reports and publications.
Park Place School
3128 Chaffin Street (Grayland Avenue)
This school was acquired from Henrico County by the annexation of 1914. It was a rented building, discontinued at the close of the 1914-15 session. The 45 pupils were transferred to John B. Cary School.