Note: Much of the history of the Richmond Public Schools was recorded in the context of a segregated society, and the reader should readily discern between pre- and post-desegregation observations. The terms "black," "colored," "Negro," and "white" in this booklet should not be considered offensive as they have been used according to the custom of the particular period. Since 1962, the division has omitted such racial designations from its reports and publications.
Redd (Elizabeth D.) School
5601 Jahnke Road
Originally known as Forest View, this school was acquired from Chesterfield County by the annexation of 1970. It was then renamed to honor Elizabeth D. Redd, who had served as Forest View principal since the school opened in 1951.
Under Plan III, Redd was paired with Woodville. From 1973-76, the office of the director of Area III was located at Redd.
In 1982, alterations and additions were made to the library and office area.
1970-1974 Vernon Pickett Paulett, Jr.
1975-1976 Ronald Eugene Herman
1976-1984 Ellen Frye Curry
1984-1992 James Frederick Jervis
1992 Darlene L. Haymon