Note: Much of the history of the Richmond Public Schools was recorded in the context of a segregated society, and the reader should readily discern between pre- and post-desegregation observations. The terms "black," "colored," "Negro," and "white" in this booklet should not be considered offensive as they have been used according to the custom of the particular period. Since 1962, the division has omitted such racial designations from its reports and publications.
1222 Nicholson Street
Reidsville School was a small two-room school located near National (Government) Road, acquired from Henrico County by the annexation of 1906. At that time, there were five classes of colored pupils in several Fulton locations (some of them rented). The classes were supervised by Assistant Superintendent A. H. Hill until 1915, and were known as Webster Davis School.
Webster Davis School
Fulton School (colored)